The iPhone 8 is perhaps Apple most anticipated phone since the original iPhone in 2007.
Three alleged Foxconn employees gave away extensive information about Apple’s upcoming 2017 iPhone and other products.
- The new iPhone is called the ‘iPhone X’ .
- It looks most like the middle version in both these leaked images.
- There is a new dual rear camera with vertical alignment.
- The front bezel will be thinner on the Y-axis.
- Test units have Touch ID under the glass “but performance and yield rates were not good”
- No version is planned with a rear fingerprint scanner.
- AuthenTech’s long standing Touch ID capacitive touch module has been replaced.
- There will be Facial Detection and a Retina Scanner.
- And plural: “front facing camera modules”.
- RAM remains at 3GB like the iPhone 7 Plus.
- The aluminum unibody is replaced by “composite glass”.
- There’s wireless charging via a rear panel.
- It will again be “water resistant”.
- There is no USB-C, Apple is sticking with Lightning.
- Production is indeed delayed.
This deluge of new information comes at the start of a big week for Apple. The company’s WWDC 2017 conference kicks off on Monday with new MacBooks and iPads expected as well as the first glimpse of iOS 11. That said Apple won’t be talking about new iPhones, so it will hope some secrets remain despite the delayed release date.